Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2003 Kia Optima driver's door will not open from inside or from the outside, can I fix this mys

This car was purchased brand new and has had a huge number of problems for which it has had to be taken back to the dealership for repairs. The current problems are that the driver's door cannot be opened at all and I am having to enter and exit through the passenger side door. Is this something I can fix myself? Is it a bad computer chip or something? It also seems to have a problem with overheating. The meter will go into the red, but the car doesn't seem to start steaming or smoking and hasn't actually stopped running because of this even though I try not to travel more than 30 minutes at a time for fear that the car will stop. The dealership has addressed this problem 3 times already. Can anyone help?



2003 Kia Optima driver's door will not open from inside or from the outside, can I fix this myself? and how?virus scanner



i own a repair shop,and you can probably fix the door part of it your self,but the rest of it needs to be done at the dealer,you need a different dealer the one your dealing with seems to not know what there doing on that car,as for the door the rod that opens the door have came unhooked from the latch or the handle,id say there off at the latch though,but you still have to get the door open to get to them,if i had the problems your having from that one i think i would trade it or get rid of it,usually KIA,s are real good cars,and this one sounds like its been a problem car for a while now,but try a different dealer,some one should be able to figure this one out,i know i could,but I'm not there good luck i hope this helps.



2003 Kia Optima driver's door will not open from inside or from the outside, can I fix this myself? and how?anti virus software



That door could have the child safety feature on it and that's why it won't open. My Ford Focus did the same thing and i just took my car key and put it in this little slit in the door and turned it to where it would open.
Yes if they have tried three times and can't fix it invoke the lemon law and get another.

No comments:

Post a Comment