Friday, August 20, 2010

Format HardDrive to install a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro?

I installed fresh copies of Windows more than 30 times!, but I have a small problem. I was installing it on a Computer but when I'm on the Delete Partition section it asks to format (Quick) of the normal etc.



When I try formatting it in any way, a message appears saying:



Setup is unable to perform the requested operation on the selected partition. This partition contains temporary Setup files that are required to complete the installation.



I tried this:



-Downloaded a Win 98 Boot to delete TOC



-Recovery Console - chkdsk /r



-Repaired the disc with the Win XP Pro OS CD



What else I can do if any of this works?



Format HardDrive to install a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro?norton internet security



If i face this problem, I will try to find some softwares that totally format the hard disk and then i will try to use the windows bootable CD.



Regards



Format HardDrive to install a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro?spyware remove



it would be easiest to slave the disk in a second machine and use somthing like partition magic to wipe the disk out ...
Try Killdisk free from http://www.killdisk.com/



Should wipe the lot including partitions if needed



http://thehowtoguides.com/
then I would give up and pay someone to do it for you!
Format the partition from the recovery console:

No comments:

Post a Comment