Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My tenant was issued a writ of possession in florida?

and removed from my property by the sheriff's department. I let them go into the home to get clothing for themselves and their children and that was all. Now my question is, they have furniture, a computer, and a television that they have rented from Z-Best. Now my old tenants gave Z-Best my number and said they want to go and pick up their things. The problem is that destroyed my home. The boyfriend of the tenant has put about 59 holes in every wall of every room. Some the size of a window from thowing things when they would argue. They also broke doors, burned carpets, and broke the refridirator. They had recently tried to fix some of the holes but I had a contractor go there and said all the work they had done would have to be redone because it was so poor. What I want to do is sell the things in the home so that I can repair my home. The contractor estimated it would cost around $4,000 to pay for all the damage. Can I sell the things in the house or can Z-Best come pick it up?



My tenant was issued a writ of possession in florida?spyware removal



You cant sell them. They are not owned by you, OR the tenant, they are owned by Z-Best. Because you know that, and have been contacted, I would be concerned if you sold them, Z-Best may come after you for their money.



I think it is best to give them back to Z-Best, and document all the damages the renters did to the place, keep the security deposit, if you got one, and file a civil suit for them to pay for the damages, get written estimates, and take LOTS of pictures!!



My tenant was issued a writ of possession in florida?virus protection software



You cannot ''distress'' (keep a tenant's property to satisfy back rent or damages) in Fla. residential tenancies. In any event they are not the owner; it belongs to someone else.



** Note: This is a general discussion of the subject matter of your question and not legal advice. Local laws or your particular situation may change the general rules. For a specific answer to your question you should consult legal counsel with whom you can discuss all the facts of your case. **

No comments:

Post a Comment