Friday, August 20, 2010

Is online college realy as good as it seems(they say)?

I am interested in changing my career and people have been suggesting an online college would be the best route, but I don't know. Here's the lowdown: I dropped outta school when I was younger and dumber and didn't realize how stupid that was till it was too late. Now I want to save myself from a pointless life in flatwork(concrete). I have always been very good on computers and think that that is what I would like to do now. Only problem is I don't know where to start, or exactly what field I should look into. I am mostly skilled at repairing computers(glitches and such) and building, but can catch onto anyting computer related.



Is online college realy as good as it seems(they say)?mcaffee



You should definitely consider attending an online college. Although some might say an online degree will be easier to earn, or will not be respected by employers, that is simply not the case.



1) Your degree will be identical to the degree conferred upon traditional brick-and-mortar students (and as an online student, I can assure you, the programs are every bit as rigorous!)



2) Dozens of well-known, respected universities ranked in the Top 100 by U.S. News offer online programs (Penn State, Syracuse, Boston U, University of Illinois, and so on).



3) Even Ivy League universities are catching on (see my blog below to find out which schools have programs).



The best feature of an online degree is flexibility. I have attended traditional classes and online classes, and I prefer the online format. As an online student, I am able to work full-time and carry a full-time course load. You can also afford to be picky about your program of study. There are literally hundreds of colleges offering online programs.



I can't go into all the details here, but if you want to know the advantages and disadvantages of attending online, or to see a comprehensive list of schools offering online programs, visit my blog: Online College Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment