Friday, August 20, 2010

Can a external hardrive contain a bad file?

my computer hardware (for a macbook) has crashed a lot (4x), so I got an external hardrive. But the crashing started before I got the hardrive. IS it still possible that there is a faulty file on my hardrive that I got after my computer was repaired? THere is some limewire music on there, but limewire has not been downloaded onto my computer since the second crash. How can I save my files, stop these crashes, but still determine what is causing this problem! (MAc store not helping...clearly)



Can a external hardrive contain a bad file?internet



First getting an external hard disk is not a solution to crashes.Crashes occur due to instability.Like something not properly installed and the like.There is a software called freeze i think which can undo most of the problems.and well the external drive may be infected in case you are using windows.If you are using osx,u nidnt worry about it.Limewire can download a lotta crap apart from music, so be beware.And i cant stress this enough,but backup backup backup,burn all important stuff like you pictures,songs etc to dvds or put it on an external drive .Hope it gets fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment