Friday, August 20, 2010

Question about dial up modem on Compaq PC?

We recently had a severe thunderstorm in my area, with severe lightning and hail, etc. I believe it threw my modem out or fried it, either one, because I didn't have the telephone cord unplugged from my modem. I am on dial up internet, and I cannot connect using my PC, although the rest of my PC seems to be working fine. How much would it cost to take my computer to a repair shop to have the modem looked at/repaired?



Question about dial up modem on Compaq PC?norton antivirus



I'd recommend you get a USB external modem.



Question about dial up modem on Compaq PC?security



The best option is to install new Modem card instead of getting repaired, no matter it is installed in PCI socket or on board.
If you have a seperate phone modem then you can just switch out the PCI card. But if the modem is intergated into the motherboard then it would be far to much money to repair. I would be easier to buy another motherboard. Also you may want to see if your modem drivers are working, that would make the modem not work correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment