Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do I need a new sound card for my compy?

Hello! The sound on my computer has been acting up lately. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I have found that if I apply pressure to the area near the headphone jack, the sound comes back. When I use headphones, I have to position the headphones in the jack just the right way for the sound to come out equally from both sides, and usually when I take my fingers away it goes back. I don't know anything about computers, so I am wondering what everything thinks the problem is? Might it be the sound card? If so, how do I repair it? Thank you very very much everybody! My computer is a Gateway laptop and I have had it for a little over a year. ciao -K



Do I need a new sound card for my compy?spyware remover



yea. either under warranty get your sound card or in this case, sound jack replaced. if your warranty is void, then you can get a pcmcia/card bus or usb type sound card.



Do I need a new sound card for my compy?virus removal



Sounds like the connection has become loose on the motherboard and the only way to fix this is to take off the Keyboard and seeing what is going on but i would not recommend you do that.



Take it to a repairer and get them to take a look for you.
Its not the sound card. It can't be replaced on a laptop anyway since it is direct soldered onto the motherboard. The headphone jack has been jammed around, either loosening or breaking it from the motherboard. Either way, it's a $150 repair at least



  • good teenage dating advice
  • howtogetevenwithyourex
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment