Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you disable RPC service?

Hey I need some help I'm repairing a friends computer, and he has some viruses on there. I'm trying to clean it out, but Windows Xp won't allow me to do it. It always got a window coming up telling me that the computer has to restart and something about the RPC. I went tru ''My Computer%26gt;Manage'' then went in services to disable it. But I still got that message. I would like to know how can I completely get rid of that message so I can scan his computer to get rid of the virus(es)?



How do you disable RPC service?hp



Since your friend's computer is infected by viruses, then you should boot Wndows XP in Safe Mode. In this way, 32-bit programs are prohibited from execution, including the viruses. From there, try to see if you can scan for viruses using the installed antivirus program. Otherwise, you can try to see if you can disable the RPC service from within Safe Mode.



The RPC service can be accessed from Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - Remote Procedure Call (RPC). Double click on the service to open it, go to the Recovery tab, then select ''Take No Action'' from the drop-down menu in each of the three categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment